IconEdit2 Version History
Version 6.3Released 2013-May-14. New features:
- Zoom In/Out implemented;
- "Image | Update from" menu command added, allowing to instantly update current image from another image in multi-image icon;
- Minor tweaks.
Version 6.2Released 2013-Feb-06. New features:
- Fixed problem with screen capture in fullscreen mode on some computers (IconEdit2 window did not hide on some PCs);
- Japanese translation updated;
- "Image | Capture with Crop" menu command added;
- "Edit | Preferences..." menu command added;
- Fill tool now has three modes: Blend, Replace, and Replace Antialiased.
Version 6.1Released 2012-Nov-26. New features:
- Snapshot function reimplemented without Clipboard usage;
- BMP, JPEG, GIF, TIFF, and PNG formats added into Save As dialog (in addition to Export dialog);
- Icon sizes commands added into File menu;
- Fullscreen mode instead of separate edit window;
- Filters start from non-zero value for immediate result;
- Russian and Japanese languages added.
Version 6.0Released 2012-Sep-20. New features:
- Full support for semi-transparency;
- Full support for multi-image icon files;
- User interface redesigned.
Version 5.5Released 2011-May-26. New features:
- (Auto)Check for updates function added;
- Grid for 256x256 and 128x128 icons is not displayed in edit area;
- Setup is now digitally signed.
Version 5.4Released 2010-Feb-04. New features:
- "View | Preview Area Color" menu command added;
- "Image | Filters - Other | Drop Sadow" filter added;
- Minor bugs fixed.
Version 5.3Released 2009-Sep-05. New features:
- 256x256 PNG-compressed icon support added;
- "Edit | Cut" and "Edit | Clear" menu commands added;
- Icon extraction from EXE/DLL/ICL improved;
- PNG and GIF to icon conversion improved (transparency preserved).
Version 5.02Released 2008-Sep-14. Another maintenance release.
- Now compatible with Windows Vista 64 bit and Windows 2008 Server.
Version 5.01Released February 13 2008. Maintenance release.
Version 5.0Released 2007-Dec-12. New features:
- 32-bit icon format added;
- Auto Smooth Edges option added for 32-bit icons, applying partial transparency at the edges of transparent and non-transparent areas;
- Improved quality for image resize and rotate;
- Improved quality for text, line, and ellipse smoothing;
- 24x24, 64x64, 96x96, and 128x128 icon sizes now supported in addition to 16x16, 32x32, and 48x48;
- New image filters added.
Version 4.4Released 2007-May-06. New features:
- Setup improved for Vista compatibility (Web links in Start menu now created correctly under Vista);
- Context Help invocation added on F1 key in all Filter and Adjustment windows;
- Fixed "Out of system resources" error when trying to open multi-image icon with 128x128 or 256x256 image included.
Version 4.3Released 2006-Aug-27. New features:
- Added ability to combine multiple single-image icon files into one multi-image file;
- Help file redesigned. Now it is much more informative and compatible with upcoming Windows Vista.
Version 4.2Released 2006-Apr-26. New features:
- New tools: Select Areas and Type Text;
- Improved quality of saved GIF images (optimal 2^n color palette used now instead of 216-color Netscape palette);
- Fixed bug in Search function caused TIFF and PNG files to be skipped from search;
- Fixed minor bug in 16-color icon format caused icon incompatibility with some software, e.g. Perl2Exe.
- Other minor improvements.
Version 4.1Released 2005-Nov-22. New features:
- PNG support added.
Version 4.0Released 2005-Nov-05. New features:
- New screen capture mode: Capture with Crop;
- Large/Normal view;
- Tools menu added;
- Ability to save multi-image ICO files;
- Tool panel added with extended settings for drawing tools.
Version 3.2Released 2004-Apr-09. New features:
- TIFF format support added.
Version 3.1Released 2004-Mar-29. New features:
- File menu now contains a list of recent files to reopen;
- Confirmation on icon overwrite added; Prompt to save on exit added;
- Dutch and German languages added.
Version 3.0Released 2003-Oct-26. New features:
- Improved image quality when resizing images;
- 48x48 icons support;
- AOL Instant Messenger buddy icons support;
- Image flipping and arbitrary rotation;
- Various image filters added.
Version 2.7Released 2003-Sep-08. New features:
- Ability to save 256-color icons in addition to TrueColor;
- GIF format support;
- NIL (Norton Icon Library) format support for extract icons;
- Initial folders for Open and Save dialogue are remembered from last Open and Save actions;
- Camera mode can be canceled with right mouse button;
- French and Spanish languages added.
Version 2.6Released 2003-Mar-20. New features:
- Copy/Paste ability added;
- Menu bar added.
Version 2.5Released 2002-Sep-16. New features:
- Improved look, especially on LCD screens.
Version 2.4Released 2002-Mar-18. New features:
- Output of BMP format image improved;
- New Color thermometer tool;
- New Hand tool.
Version 2.3Released 2001-Oct-07. New features:
- Right mouse button functionality (drawing with transparent color);
- ICL format support.
Version 2.2Released 2001-Mar. New features:
- Better transparency handling;
- Button for setting drawing color same as transparent;
- Italian language interface added.
Version 2.1Released 2000-Oct. New features:
- Windows 2000 support in addition to Win95/98/NT4;
- Two languages interface: English and Portuguese (Brazilian);
- Open icons from Windows environment with doubleclick;
- Open icons from Windows environment with drag-and-drop;
- 16x16 icon size support in addition to 32x32.
Version 2.0Released 2000-May. New features:
- "2" is now part of the product name, "IconEdit2";
- New "look and feel";
- New drawing tools;
- TrueColor icons support.
Version 1.0The first release of IconEdit.